Thursday, October 5, 2017

Day 4

Thursday! Today is probably my personal favorite day of Nature's Classroom. We play the most epic game of Predator vs. Prey (ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE HUAHH!) and then we have Thursday Night Live (TNL) for our evening activity. Kids put on skits to entertain each other and make everyone laugh. New friendships have been created all week and it's such a nice ending to our experience here at Nature's Classroom.

Today's meal choices were scrambled eggs, sausage patties, fruit, cereal, and homefries (or as the kids say, "tater tots"). For lunch we had pizza and caesar salad. For dinner we filled up on barbecue chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. I think it's safe to say that no one has starved here this week :)

As if we weren't already exhausted, we went on field groups for an hour today and also took classes. Some choices were Ice Wars, Sheep Heart Dissection, Frog Dissection, Seed Racers, It's You Write, and Nature Art!

One of my favorite parts of being here is all the new friendships I see being made over the week. kids from Lincoln-Thompson, Aborn and Callahan all connect throughout the week. I also love seeing how some of my own students have been together since kindergarten, but really bond during this time. 

We have had so much fun this week, but we can't wait to see all of you tomorrow!

The ORT Report 

Sarah dissecting a frog 
My new friends from Aborn!


Frog dissection!

Callahan cool kids :)

Predator vs. Prey!!!

Breakfast!

The winning osprey team!

Ice Wars

Lukas dissecting a sheep heart

Nature's Classroom has tired out Nathan and Lucas :)



3 comments:

  1. My daughter kyra had a great time and thank you Mrs. Dobias and the rest of the staff for making this a great trip. she will never forget this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaylen just told me about this blog,as soon as he got home,all he kept saying was how interesting this experience was for him. I wanna give Mrs.Dobios a Hugh shout out for sharing this experience with my grandson. He was very nervous before he left as he has never been away from his family for more then 24 hrs, I have to admit the second he got off the bus we hugged and yes we cried. I just want to thank all the teachers who were with him,and the staff at nature's classroom and to Callahan School for sharing this experience with Jaylen. Thanks so much,Kelly Harris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natures Classroom was really fun and I had a wonderful time with my friends and making new friends as well, I wanna thank mrs dobias, the staff, And everyone at camp cody for the wonderful experience of a lifetime. Nathan Hairston :)

    ReplyDelete